Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha thanks guys good to see some more followers... Except bud i guess :p You are all so nice... We thought 30 bucks for te nem was a steal, and even though we would have prefered to wait we couldnt :/ haha

Bear we dont have a sump! I wish i could have one, but the stand wont allow it :(

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha thanks guys good to see some more followers... Except bud i guess :p You are all so nice... We thought 30 bucks for te nem was a steal, and even though we would have prefered to wait we couldnt :/ haha

Bear we dont have a sump! I wish i could have one, but the stand wont allow it :(

Well that's not where the evaporation is coming from then. Weird!

This is what i think is going on. Our lights are under the hood and its a 6 bulb t5 so thats alot of heat. Around the outside of the hood we have 4 fans built in... Im thinking the light heats up the surface of the water and causes evaporation and then the fans push it out of the tank through the grill on the side where the fans go....

With that amount of air flowing over the tank you'd have a lot of evaporation with any light fixture. Once the weather gets nice and cool you could try running two fans and see how it goes. I always run lots of air in the summer and less as winter approaches.

Awesome nem! Have you tried holding a picture of an anemone with clowns in it next to the tank? I just read a thread about that. Sounds crazy but people say it really works sometimes. Either that or playing a YouTube video of clowns swimming in their nems. I know I sound like I'm posting from the nut-house but hey, worth a shot! lol Especially if you have a book with a pic like that in it. Personally, I'd have to see it to believe it... but I won't discount it.

If a zoa catches "food" will it close up to eat? Mine open and close. Like sometimes they are open, an then I look again later and some will be closed or half closed, and then they will be open the next time I look.

Bearchumjs said:
If a zoa catches "food" will it close up to eat? Mine open and close. Like sometimes they are open, an then I look again later and some will be closed or half closed, and then they will be open the next time I look.

That's what mine do :)

Great grab on the nem guys! It's gorgeous!

CorallineAlgae said:
With that amount of air flowing over the tank you'd have a lot of evaporation with any light fixture. Once the weather gets nice and cool you could try running two fans and see how it goes. I always run lots of air in the summer and less as winter approaches.

Awesome nem! Have you tried holding a picture of an anemone with clowns in it next to the tank? I just read a thread about that. Sounds crazy but people say it really works sometimes. Either that or playing a YouTube video of clowns swimming in their nems. I know I sound like I'm posting from the nut-house but hey, worth a shot! lol Especially if you have a book with a pic like that in it. Personally, I'd have to see it to believe it... but I won't discount it.

Ahaha jack thought i was crazy when i taped a picture to the tank earlier today!

Bearchumjs said:

Mine just randomly close sometimes. They dont really eat though...

Convict2161 said:
Tank is really looking GREAT fellas!!! Keep up the awesome work!!

Thanks dude means alot. Having a ton of fun with this tank. Cant keep my eyes off it.

Also just went to a reef club meeting and got some good stuff. Free too (but traded rock). Metallic Blue Xenia, and Inside-Out Zoas. Pretty happy with the pickups!

Gboy66 said:
Mine just randomly close sometimes. They dont really eat though... [/QOUTE]

Cool! Thank you. I was worried they were pissed.

Gboy66 said:
Also just went to a reef club meeting and got some good stuff. Free too (but traded rock). Metallic Blue Xenia, and Inside-Out Zoas. Pretty happy with the pickups!

Sounds awesome! :)

Funny you say that :) i put some pellets in the nem to entice the clowns to go in there (not sure if this is a good way to do it or not) but the black clown swam in, ate all the food, and stayed in there. Now he goes back in every 60 seconds or so...... We will see :) haha thanks for following :p

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Funny you say that :) i put some pellets in the nem to entice the clowns to go in there (not sure if this is a good way to do it or not) but the black clown swam in, ate all the food, and stayed in there. Now he goes back in every 60 seconds or so...... We will see :) haha thanks for following :p

................. \(^0^)/ ...............

VICTORY!!!!

That was TO quick!

Hahaha well i dont think he is technically hosting the nem yet..... But hopefully he is on his way there :) lol

Well i used the food to get him interested in it, but even when it ate all the food he was still interested soo.... Im not sure! One day my nem is the size of a golf ball and the next day hes the size of my head. What the heck?!? Lol

THE BLACK CLOWN BILLAY IS WIGGLING AROUND IN THE NEM!! Wow!!! It isnt a 100% host but he is going back to it all the time and fully in it!!! Soooo excited!!! Too bad the nem is in the back of the tank! Lol

Edit: best pics i could get

Attachments

• image-1739721440.jpg
    image-1739721440.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1064702075.jpg
    image-1064702075.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 91
Gboy66 said:
THE BLACK CLOWN BILLAY IS WIGGLING AROUND IN THE NEM!! Wow!!! It isnt a 100% host but he is going back to it all the time and fully in it!!! Soooo excited!!! Too bad the nem is in the back of the tank! Lol

!!! EPIC WIN !!!

Two partial victories each a day apart! Crazy. That nem is gorgeous. Maybe it'll move a bit now that the clown is lovin on it.

Yea!!!!! She'll be hosting 100% in no time!! Now that she's felt how comfy it is, she won't be able to resist!! :)

Back
Top Bottom