Gbr breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking of moving my tanks around and probably leaving the pair of rams in the 10g and have the 36g for cichlids. But I'm not sure what kind i want yet

I'm not familiar with that many fish, so I really couldn't say who can go in what :) I have my convict pairs in 10g tanks. As for other fish I have, there's oscars, JDs, parrots, yellow lab, pair of red belly pacu, pair of blue acara, pair of venestus (not sure I spelled that right), guppies, Platys, mollies, rams, angels, danios, cories, auratus cichlids, few loaches, few tetras and different gouramis. I've had them for a long time aside from the livebearers, they are the newest I'm trying for live feeders. Not much luck yet but its getting there

I vanished off the forums for a while (& got extremely discouraged after my GBRs up and decided they just didn't want to breed for several months...) so I'm really curious, what happened with your GBRs? Did they breed successfully? Any luck since? What's going on with them? =)

My male got really skiny after a while, i moved him to another tank then he died. :(

Yea mine got very thin, the female was way bigger than him. I'm hoping i can find another male for her

I've had that problem a few times! Whenever I have to replace a ram its always a male. My females remain healthy and active, but every once in a while ill lose a male. I dont understand what happens. Why no other fish has problems at the time.

That's such a bummer! =( My male has been super aggressive with my female for about a month and a half. & since your post started, they've bred only once. They made it to the free swimming stage finally and then bam gone. I finally thought I was going to be successful! =( hopefully you can find a male soon and get to success!

Thanks, now im working on a new 55g that I bought. I'm thinking of doing tanganyikan cichlids. So thats taking my time now

Back
Top Bottom