Gbr breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Idk, I bought a hang on the back breeding box, that takes water from the tank and puts it in the box, but I'm not sure how i would put the eggs in there, my lfs told me it was easier to remove the parents, so I'm still thinking about what to do. I also have a 10g tank but it's full with baby swordtails, so idk if they will eat the eggs if i put them there. So many choices but idk which one is the best :(

Taking the parents out Is another option... I'd put an air stone or something near them to "fan" them and keep fungus away. From what I've read anyway ;) as long as there's nothing in there that can eat them it sounds like an easier plan. Especially of they laid them in that same spot

My male german gold ram Is chasing my female around the tank why is he doing this! :(

Mine does that right after they had eggs, he is trying to get her attention, it only last like one day. In my experience

Do you have plants, or hidding spaces for the female to go to?

Are you 100% positive you have a male and female? I'm not doubting you, just thought I'd throw that out there :)

Hopefully Chileno is right and he's just trying to get her attention. Or maybe he doesn't want "pair" with her. My males only like "their" females, and chase off others. I'm fairly new to understanding rams, so hopefully someone will give you more insight :)

Guys I see things that look exactly like vinegar eels swimming around the tank!! Is it possible they laid eggs and I didn't even notice it and now I have wigglers???

I'm not sure how the vinegar eels look like, but that doesn't sound like little babies. Are the parent guarding them?

:( bad news guys I came home to two dead rams:( I examined there body's and they had little red lines on them they were the only ones in the tank. What could those little worms have been?

I'm sorry about your loss. :( it's always sad when our fish die

:( bad news guys I came home to two dead rams:( I examined there body's and they had little red lines on them they were the only ones in the tank. What could those little worms have been?

Sounds like planaria worms, they look similar to vinegar eels. From what I've read they are harmless and fish eat them... I'm sorry to hear about your fish :( ill do some reading and try to figure out what happened

Hemmorahagic Septicemia and Ammonia poisoning are the only things I've found involving red streaks so far. How long have you had your fish? If not long maybe they were sick when you bought them?

I had them for 2 months, I did some research to and found they were probably what you said, planara worms

Back
Top Bottom