GBTA missing!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LdIZzY

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have/had a green tip until my previously owned maroon clowns scared it away. It hasn't returned yet for almost a month now and was wondering if its jus still hiding or is it dead?!!

It will need enough light to survive it might be in the back of your tank but if you haven't seen it for a month it is more than likely dead. Did you have any ammonia or nitrate jump in your tank during the month?

He might have tucked himself in the back someplace but I doubt it. Usually when there is something dead in a tank there is an ammonia or nitrate spike.

If ammonia isn't spiked that there's a good chance it's just hiding out behind your rock work were it found a comfy spot. GBTA glow nicely under blue light. Go to Walmart or home depot and find a blue led flashlight if you don't already have one. At night make sure you turn off all lights including moon lights. Use the blue flashlight to find him. Even if he only has a tip of a tentacle showing, you'll be able to spot it a lot easier than your daylight lighting. Can't miss something glowing bright green in your rocks. Good luck and hope this helps. It's worked for me several times recovering frags and 2 rainbow bta.

Back
Top Bottom