gelatinous mass on new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiff

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all!
I'm newish to aquariums and to this forum as well.

We recently bought a new bulb plant and a few days after noticed two clear gelatinous masses, each no more than 2 cm across on the leaves with numerous small whitish dots within the clear mass. I just want to know whether they are fish eggs or snail eggs or something else I should be concerned about and remove. I've attached a pic below, but couldn't quite get a clear shot. Thanks for your help!

K

Attachments

• Jav 006.jpg
    Jav 006.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 90
Welcome to AA!

My guess is snail eggs ... but of course you can't tell for sure until they hatch!

Welcome to AA :) 99% sure those are pond snail eggs... but depending on what fish you have, there is a slight possibility it is fish eggs... the bad part about waiting until they hatch is that if theyre pond snails and you dont want them, you'll have a ton

eew, i had those on my plants from the store. i don't know what kinda snails they were, but they were tiny little things and VERY prolific breeders. I chucked in a clown loach to control the population when they started floating on the surface as a breeding clump of about 20 at a time. They got EVERYWHERE!!

Back
Top Bottom