Genetic disease in guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platylover26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am having an issue with a strain of female guppies. I lost every female guppy in my tank a few months ago. One of the females had a few fry before she died. The female guppies all died the exact same way. First, they would stoo eating and become thin. Then they would begin to shimmy and hang at the surface, and stop reproducing. They get wierd black marking inside of them. (Female guppies are kinda see through) then they die. I thought it was gill flukes at first, but I am beginning to think its a genetic mutation because they all are in the same strain. Anyway the surving fry from the one mother mentioned were put in a 10 gallon tank I got for christmas after cycling of course! They now show the same symptoms.. Only the females. Help! What is it? All water parameters check out.. 15 nitrate 0amon. 0nitrite

Sounds like fish TB.
I noticed the same symptoms.
They swim under food and spit it out
They sometimes get red dots.......
They have stringy poo and get skinny, sometimes new fish get bloated, but there are never any worms visable from the vent.
Andy on here told me its TB...and after dealing with this for a year, (even autospy a very recently deceased guppy at the vet, no worms or parasites, only mucus.
Im sorry to say it, but your only option probably is to nicely euthanize and stearlize everything very well with bleach.

Back
Top Bottom