German Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

busbybutt

Aquarium Advice Regular
Love these beautiful fish. Wanting to put them into my planted aquarium. There are a few places to hide but i had a pair a few years ago & they did not last long. Is there a recommended way of integrating them, i have heard to put them in bredding nets for a while?

I cutrently have:

1 angel
1 clown
1 krib
2 synodictis
1 bristlnenose
1 golden nugget plec
12 cardinal tetras
6 cherry barbs
3 pentzona barbs

Size of the tank?

Depending on the size of the footprint, I'd say probably not, you have a lot of bottom dwellers as it is, and might run into some issues between the krib and GBRs

I'd hold up on them, they're extremely sensitive to nitrates and your bioload seems a bit high as it is, plus I think you have a lot of bottom dwellers as it is, sorry to be a downer :/

So basically i have my fish quota for tank capacity or too many larger fish? Maybe could get a few more pentzonas as they are beautiful but hard to come across. I have had my 3 for 2 1/2 years

I'd also skip them. I also have a question. What kind I fish is the one you listed as "clown?"

Loach. Hes very small conpared to some i see. Had him 3 years & hes not grown.

Not sure on the barb thing, if heard they can tend to be fin nippers, so if the 3 you have do good with your angel I'm not sure if I would add more just incase you get a nipper, but I'm no barb expert I've avoided them because I keep angels and have read alot about nipping.

The pentazona (5 barb) are peaceful fish & dont grow as big as tiger barbs and the rest. The clown loach is about 2 1/2 inches.

I'd say the loach is deffinatlly stunted. Not to mention they issuable get 10 inches, need schools, and a much bigger tank

Ive seen them 10 inches in smaller tanks. I have only just upgraded from a 70 litre. U reckon to add a companion?

This I your current stock
1 angel
1 clown
1 krib
2 synodictis
1 bristlnenose
1 golden nugget plec
12 cardinal tetras
6 cherry barbs
3 pentzona barbs
So I don't know about all theese, what are the synodictis? But from this list, you have 2 cichlids. I wouldn't reccomnend adding another. Also, the clown is shocke because in the smaller tank, that it was in for the majority if not all its growing period, didnt allow it to grow normally. So the outside stopped hole the inside didnt. This is a problem. And adding another loach is adding to this problem. With the list you have now, I'd add 3 p. barbs and remove the clown.

This I your current stock
1 angel
1 clown
1 krib
2 synodictis
1 bristlnenose
1 golden nugget plec
12 cardinal tetras
6 cherry barbs
3 pentzona barbs
So I don't know about all theese, what are the synodictis? But from this list, you have 2 cichlids. I wouldn't reccomnend adding another. Also, the clown is shocke because in the smaller tank, that it was in for the majority if not all its growing period, didnt allow it to grow normally. So the outside stopped hole the inside didnt. This is a problem. And adding another loach is adding to this problem. With the list you have now, I'd add 3 p. barbs and remove the clown.

I tried googling it, and found nothing but the upside down catfish has a scientific name similar...

My synodintis is 3 years old. Great fish to observe and pretty.

Attachments

• image-756474158.jpg
    image-756474158.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-520656855.jpg
    image-520656855.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom