German Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,I have a problem with keeping German Rams. I bought 6 very small German rams 10-2021. After 2 weeks I was down to 5,1 week after 4. Than after a month 3 now 2. 1-2022. I watch them eat. They do look very healthy. I never see the bodies of the dead just not there anymore. The tank member are 3 Rainbows,3 plecos and 2 kulfi loaches. All are doing fine. Water changes every 7-10 days, heavy planted with two filters. This is a 40 gal tank. Temp 78f. All water parameters are very good. I have tried large rams and they last a month or so. So when I bought these small ones I thought for sure they would live. I didn't buy them from a store I bought them from a breeder from around my area. I don't get it. thanks

I would say german rams like the water hot. Like 28c/83f. Ive tried to keep them in community tanks at temps like yours, but they seem to be very susceptible to health issues at lower temps. I have 1 left from my attempts who must be especially hardy and i wont try it again.

Thanks Aiken. The temps that is required for them are too warm for the other in the tank. You are correct. Probably better to have a dedicated tank for them.

Back
Top Bottom