Getting a new tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be real wary of free standing bricks like that... All it takes is a fish crashing into them just wrong to knock them over and cracking your tank :x You really should think about stabilizing that structure with some silicone...

Luananeko said:
I'd be real wary of free standing bricks like that... All it takes is a fish crashing into them just wrong to knock them over and cracking your tank :x You really should think about stabilizing that structure with some silicone...

+1that would be my luck.

I thought about it but i want to be able to move them around if need be. I definitely tested the stacking by shaking the structures and i feel confident that the weight of the bricks will hold them in place. They are quite heavy and stacked well but thanks for your concern, believe me I thought about it alot. Don't wanna see my tank busted. :)

Understandable, and it's good to hear you've done some shake testing already. At the very least you might want to put eggcrate on top of your bottom glass so the bricks cant sink over time to crack your bottom glass... That's something that shaking alone won't show as an issue since the bricks will sink over time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom