getting (re)started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone ever used a Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer? I think I might use one instead of the good old bucket brigade but I want a little feedback before I go spend money on it.

Has anyone ever used a Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer? I think I might use one instead of the good old bucket brigade but I want a little feedback before I go spend money on it.

Several people here use them. They come highly recommended. My tank is right by the sink and it's not very large so I haven't bothered but when we get our second tank we will most likely get one.

important thin to remember is that you will need to dose your tank with dechlor before you start adding water in with the changer and since it goes right into the tank you will need to dose for the whole volume of the tank

Fortunately, I'm on a well so chlorine is not a concern. Thanks for the recommendation. My tank is across the hall from the bathroom and the last time around my family was complaining about me leaving wet spots in the carpet during water changes.

I cleaned (and broke) the tank lid today and then figured out that ballast for the light is going bad. I'm starting to feel like my siphon is being used on my wallet as well as my tank. :(

Don't feel bad. I did that the first time around. With this hobby, there is definitely a learning curve.

Sillyfishies said:
I'm mad I got a gravel vac because I didn't know about pythons

Same here. It wasn't bad until I got a large tank. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I'm going to do a water change right now. I filled the thing with my neighbor's garden hose, ran through my front door.

My tank is empty so now is a good time to think about this. After talking with several local hobbyists I'm pretty sure I will go with some variety of dwarf chiclid. They tolerate the high sodium levels present in our local well water better than some other types of fish. Since they seem to prefer rock formations and caves, and I've never done that type of decor, I would appreciate some advice. Also, if someone could offer up some chiclid stocking schemes for a 29g, that would be nice.

Dang it! I broke something again. This time it's one of connector clips for my Magnum filter.

ForumRunner_20120719_153128.jpg

I'm starting to put my gravel back in. I was going to buy new gravel, but it's no longer in the budget.

ForumRunner_20120722_131809.jpg

Thanks. I think this color and size is supposed to mimic a riverbed, but the deciding factor when I bought it was cost.

Back
Top Bottom