getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nolanyaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, im new to fish and aquariums but think they r really cool and i want to start one. I have a 100 dollar budget but want at least a 10 gallon. Do any of you guys have any suggestions or advice on how i can do this?

Either way i would look at a small juwel aquarium. They are really High quality tanks. They do a 15gallon tank complete with light, heater and a filter. Have a look for a juwel korall. They do 2 of this tank, one for cold water goldfish and a tropical one which comes with an added heater.

Welcome. Look on Craigslist, you can find GREAT deals on there for tanks & equipment. $100 is a bit of a tight budget even for a 10g. Unfortunately fish keeping isn't cheap especially for set up.

Word of advise - DON'T put a Goldie of any kind in anything less than a 20-30g.

HI and welcome! You might want to look at the starter kits.....you can get a decent sized tank (29 gals or so) for that price, depending on where you shop, and most come with the filter, heater, lights, you'd just need to buy substrate and some decorations. The filters they come with aren't the best but you an always upgrade the filter later.

In the meantime, you might want to check out this guide as it explains fish-keeping more in-depth; even though it's a great hobby, it is a lot of work and quite an investment. So it's a good idea to know what you're getting into before you start: Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom