Getting The Most Out Of My Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingMaddog

Aquarium Advice Activist
I plan on running 2 filters with my 29 gallon tank. I have a Bio-Wheel 200 and a Bio-Wheel 100. I believe that gives me 300 gph. The 100 is in an established tank and I will be using it with the old media to cycle the new tank, and the 200 has an extra refillable media cartridge that I will be putting Purigen in. What's the best way to get the most out of these filters? Any other suggestions?

I plan on running 2 filters with my 29 gallon tank. I have a Bio-Wheel 200 and a Bio-Wheel 100. I believe that gives me 300 gph. The 100 is in an established tank and I will be using it with the old media to cycle the new tank, and the 200 has an extra refillable media cartridge that I will be putting Purigen in. What's the best way to get the most out of these filters? Any other suggestions?
hello again! It sounds like you have a good plan in place! With my penguin I like to use the blue cut to fit pads from my Lfs, I tear all the mesh off the marineland cartridge and use it as a backer for the new piece(cut to fit) I than stuff a bunch of the fluval coarse sponge in there too! Works great!

All these American filters mean nothing to me being in the UK. Apart from eheim and fluval I don't think I've ever used another filter.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All these American filters mean nothing to me being in the UK. Apart from eheim and fluval I don't think I've ever used another filter. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
theyre really sub standard compared to a fluval c3 say, I did get it on sale(half off!!) and it is working just fine so I'll keep with it, I run dual aqua clears or fluvals on my other tank..

theyre really sub standard compared to a fluval c3 say, I did get it on sale(half off!!) and it is working just fine so I'll keep with it, I run dual aqua clears or fluvals on my other tank..

So the filters I have aren't that great? They came in kits. I always thought they were pretty good. I know they don't compare to Fluval's C series.

So the filters I have aren't that great? They came in kits. I always thought they were pretty good. I know they don't compare to Fluval's C series.
no I'm saying they're fine as long as you customize the media a little bit.. My 29 is running great thanks to the penguin! Clear as air and pristine!!

I think all or most kit filters are pretty basic.

I have always heard good things about the Bio-Wheel filters. I have one already on my 10 gallon tank and had no problems. I just hope they aren't worse than I think they are. I would like a couple of Fluval C3's running my 29, but that is pricey. I try and shoot for filtering ten times an hr, 10 gallon 100gph, 20 gallon 200gph, so on and so forth. I guess I over filter.

Sorry im not saying they are crap, don't take offence. Just basic filters as otherwise the kit price would be too high to sell enough of them. I might not be explaining things right I'm not great with words.

No offence taken. I have a bad way with words myself. I just thought they were one of the good filters. I got a kit by Top Fin and that filter was crap. I'm here for advice and such. I want to make friends not enemies.

Back
Top Bottom