GF added fish to my tank without a quarantine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch_Wilson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So earlier this week me and my GF were talking about adding some cichlids to my tank and after researching to make sure that everything would get along I decided that I would add about 4-5 african cichlids. Now I wasn't planning on adding them for a few weeks since my quarantine tank is still 2 hours away at my parents house, but my GF, trying to be nice :facepalm:, bought them and added them while I was at work today. I realize that at this point, almost 5 hours after she added them, I'm probably limited to just hoping that they carried no diseases. When we looked at the tanks yesterday the stores tanks all looked pretty healthy but thats no guarantee. Is there anything that I can do as a preventative measure or should I just keep a close eye on everything for the next month or so?

Do you know what they are and that they are compatible with your existing fish? If all of that is fine, I would just keep an eye on it. Feed good food, keep up on pwc. The norm. :)

Yea they will work together, african cichlids (5 medium ones, about 3" each) an african knife fish and a senegal bichir. Will need a bigger tank eventually, but thats nothing new the knife won't live in a 55g forever but hes a slow grower :)

Just make sure all your affies can go together, some are more aggressive than others, and they don't all mix, especially depending on gender.

Back
Top Bottom