ghost knife question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I mentioned a while ago I was interested in a ghost knife and I came home the other day and my girlfriend has one in my 10g tank. He is only about 3-4 inches long right now and the only member of that tank besides two snails, everyone else has moved to the 150, where he will go once quarantine is over. Now I really like this fish but my question is, how do you know he is eating?? I have used pellets and bloodworms both and they seem to disappear but Idk if its being dissolved or eaten. He is very active and seems fine, but this is.a much more advanced fish than I am used too. Kinda being baptized by fire here!

You typically won't know.. They will usually scavenge at night. If there is no trace of the food I'm sure he is eating, you would see clumps of the dissolved pellets if he wasn't.

Keep feeding blood worms everynight after lights out. Mine loves them!!

How about any ideas on when he moves to the 150g. Competition for food has got to be tough, especially with all the other bottom guys

Feed him bloodworms after dark and he'll come from miles away.

These fish can be easily taught to be hand fed which would remove any doubt as well.

yes i'll go +1 on the hand feeding... i've been able to get my clown loaches, angels and rainbow shark to take food from my hand. i'm sure most fish can be conditioned to take food from your hand. i'm prepping a 125G right now and when thats up and running i'm planning on picking up a BGK so i'll be teaching him to hand feed as well.

Back
Top Bottom