Ghost shrimp with betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasperWard

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
I currently have a 5 gallon planted tank with a 3.5 year old female betta Cinnamon. The plant life includes anubias nana petite (2). anubias barteri (1), Bacopa carolinia (2 bunches), Water sprite (2 bunches), 6-8 oz of java moss, some floating salvina, rosette sword (2), Java fern (1), marimo moss ball (3), and some dwarf hairgrass. I have good cover with dragon okho, slate, manzanita branches and dried Indian almond leaves. Would this be sufficent for 3-4 ghost shrimp with by betta, she has poor eye sight and can not hunt, I am more worried about the shrimp being aggresive. I am unsure since I have heard the stories if aggresive ghost shrimp, no not macro shrimp, ghost shrimp.
Water parameters:
Kh:7
Gh:4
Ph:6.8
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
Temp:78

Ghost shrimp are generally not aggressive to fish, they would more likely go after other shrimp. I have ghost shrimp and some algae shrimp in with my Betta and it's usually my Betta chasing after them. So long as you keep everyone fed you shouldn't have a problem. However with it being a 5 gallon tank I definitely wouldn't do more than 3.

Back
Top Bottom