Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have 3 Ghost Shrimp in my 20 gallon tank

First of all what is the best stratagy for feeding them, because I have found that you can hand feed them by giving them a flake if they are in the right position, other wise i dont know how much they eat because they stay on the top on my floating plants

Im also thinking about getting 3 more, would that cause any problems

u can usually have 1 shrimp per gallon......and they are bottom feeders...they will learn when you begin to feed them... I even have shrimp now thta even swim upside down to the top and eat at the top of it...

I used to feed mine sinking pellets, and they loved them. They are scavengers. If it gets to the bottom of your tank, chance are that they'll find it quickly.

Ya they are scavengers so they will just go around and find their own food. Mine eat flakes and pellets.

You could easily add 5-10 more.

Im gonna get one today and see how it does, Im hopeing to trade my big goldfish for him at my LFS so hopefully I could get 1 or 2.

Yeah, well the ghost shrimp just wander about, and yes, any fish flakes at the bottom they will eventually find and eat. It is fun the watch becuase of the quick job they get down, they just scoop down and search around. So, no matter what, they will be fine.

u can buy 1 at a time? how much are they near u? at the place i go to it is 5 for 2 bucks. and a goldfish would get u alot of them lol. and also u can add alot more of them because they will die off over the next few months. i had 3 in my 5 gallon and they never starved i could always see that there bellies were full. it is sooo fun to watch them running through the water.

mr funktastic said:
u can buy 1 at a time? how much are they near u? at the place i go to it is 5 for 2 bucks. and a goldfish would get u alot of them lol.

They are 5 for $1 here.

ya canada is always more expensive but the people at the store are to lazy to count them so they just scoop up a bunch and say "ya that looks like 5" lol

Back
Top Bottom