Ghostly White Stuff in Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherAK

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What is this? I have a snail, frog and beta. Change the 4 gallon tank, 30%, every 2 weeks. It looks like a ghost softly floating in the tank.

Attachments

• E8E51C83-1582-4362-86AC-32CFA2B30C2C.jpg
    E8E51C83-1582-4362-86AC-32CFA2B30C2C.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 35
That is strange. I have no idea, but I would be interested in what the more experienced among us have to say.

Looks like I shrimp molt, and I’ve never owned one but im pretty sure adf shed their skin. That’s what it looks like to me

Whatever is at the narrow end looks circular/manufactured. Could it be from a plastic plant?
Edit- agree with above, frog stuff

Looks like it could be biofilm, which is a combination of sugars, fungus, and lots of other stuff. Biofilm is not particularly dangerous (shrimp and others like to eat it, but bettas, snails, and frogs don't). But it does suck oxygen, so as it grows it will take over and unbalance your tank. It grows on wood, food, and other surfaces. In your small tank it can be removed with a new toothbrush to grab; for any remaining shreds, a paper towel set at the edge of them should attract the bits and make them cling. If it's not biofilm, this should work to remove it too.

I think your over thinking this, it’s the frogs shed. You can see all 4 flippers, just pull it out.

Back
Top Bottom