Giant Danios Discoloration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnorkelGeek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I probably should have researched a little more... this is an odd story.

A while ago I got a crawdad for my tank, which has some tetras, and some giant danios. The tank is about min. size for a school of danios, but they've been living there for a couple of years and I feel the atmosphere for them is right. My crawdad has since been a troublemaker. I've lost some tetras, and I couldn't find their carcasses. I now know what happened, which is obvious, but I thought my tetras would be too big for the crawdad to fit in his mouth.

But I still felt the crawdad's presence through uprooted plants, toppled and rearranged decorations, and etc. Then one morning I woke up and found my danios freaking out. They were swimming erratically around the tank like I'd never seen. Something seemed wrong. I checked on the cave my crawdad resided in, and saw him munching on a tetra. I can now say he has been relocated to a larger tank of my friend's. I could not let the reign of the crawdad continue.

Now my danios have an odd brownish-yellow color on the bottom half of their body I've never seen. I don't think it's a disease and wonder if it's one of these:

The danios are coincidentally maturing at one time, which gives them a color I didn't know about.

or

When being stressed about the crawdad's eating spree they became discolored.

I don't know for sure, I'm a little confused. This question may sound odd but I'm concerned for my danios. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom