Giggles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in my pond i have koi and goldfish, because they are coldwater fish they cant really be with too many other fish. OMO of course during the summer i keep a plecostomas with them buts thats it

Well, you aren't supposed to keep tropicals with cold water goldfish. But I successfully had brilliant and het rasboras, head tail lights and bloodfin tetras with my goldfish (not all at one time but through out the time ive had goldfish) I just kept the temperature at a happy middle. Slightly cold for the goldies and slightly warm for the tropicals.

but you really shouldn't keep tropicals and goldies together because they have different diets. In my tank I "trained" my goldfish to eat on the right side and the tropicals on the left so that way they had their proper food.

I gave a one foot common pleco to my mother-in-law that now lives in her big plastic goldfish tub. He cleaned up the algae real nice. He was leaving in my 75 gallon and getting pecked to pieces so I had to rescue him from the tank and that was the only place he could go. He seems to be doing great in there.

i heard when koi get big enough they'll eat the goldfish. because they get 2ce the size

Back
Top Bottom