Glass versa tops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I'm considering getting a glass versa top for my 36bf because I'm planning to upgrade lighting which will need a larger area of glass to sit on, and both the hinges on my cheap aqueon hood recently broke.
My question is- how do you cut it to make space for the heater and filter? Looking at the dimensions it seems like they go all the way to the back of the tank. I would love to hear any personal experiences or tips :) thanks!

The back has a 2 or 3 inch piece of plastic strip you can cut with a utility knife. With mine I also took them to a glass cutter and had them take out sections of glass on the panels themselves to accommodate my lily pipes. The other thing I did, because I found them hideous to look at constantly, was replace the sticky tape on the bottom of the hood handles with 3m Velcro tabs that way when I am done I can remove the handles, and it just looks better imo.

I bought jusT glass pieces instead:) from a local store. Way better price. I got 6 sheets for like 13 bucks. Annnnd they are twenty Inches long an 14 inches wide

Thanks guys! I didn't realize the back portion was plastic. That makes things much easier. Hopefully I can figure out how to cut it:)
That sounds like a very economical way to do things kidfish! But I'm afraid with the bowfront shape of my aquarium, that would be more complicated to use multiple rectangle pieces.

Back
Top Bottom