Glasscages.com and other dealers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Idealconcepts

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,
I wanted to find out if anyone on here has purchased or know anyone who has purchased glass fishtanks from www.glasscages.com? Any comments or opinions about purchasing or what they have heard about the company is greatly appreciated? I'm looking to jump up from my 130gal to possible their 300gal ($800) sometime late next year. Has anyone tried ordering direct from other dealers (internet or direct)? Any opinions or comments about any other dealers?

Thanks,
Idealconcepts

I have actually heard a few negative things about them. Stay away from inter-american also.

I saw nothing wrong with the set up today.
500-600 nice looking tanks.
Including a 12 foot x 3 foot x 4 foot that I would have loved to take home with me.
Tom does however prefer to sell to pet stores as he prefers to move them in groups of 10 or larger. ( 10 55's at a time for example)

CF, I would be intersted to hear what you have heard negative, as I am considering getting 50 or so tanks from them come spring.

Best,
dino

I just heard they are real bad with delivery times and communications. Have not heard anything negative on their tanks.

Thanks everybody for your comments, I did hear one negative about the tanks. I read that someones friend had order a tank, I believe it was 180gal glass and when it arrived the silicone was not completely cured and he got some on his hands and clothes. They then stated the tank glass (front) broken and dump all the water on his friends floor. Glasscages only has a 90day warranty on the tanks. Common sense would tell you if the silicone is still wet and has been shipped there is a problem and he should have contacted glass cages or had the tank re-sealed. This was the only negative comment I found on the yahoo search. So I'm not sure to purchase from them, go with a more well know place, or go with someone local that way if there are any problems I can deal with them personally or if all else fails take them to small claims. If there are any other comments about glasscages.com or other dealers to buy from please keep them coming...

Thanks again.

Just heard about these today from Dino's visit here. As I mentioned to Dino,
I'm obviously not familiar with this particular company; but am with a few others
that are similar.

My comment would be this: For good pricing deals on larger tanks suited mostly
for the pet shop or lfs trade.... and even breeders or larger fish houses; they
would deserve consideration.

For the individual consumer.... as a major purchase for (say, their living room)
I'd go with a more "reputable" company (All-Glass, Perfect, Oceanic) who
has built the trust of their workmanship; and stands by it with better warranty
programs!! Dollars saved may not offset ruined carpets, floors, furniture,
not to mention the fish!!

Bernie

Inter american is here in Calgary.I am on hollidays now and have planned a visit to them while I'm off.Iwill post my findings in the next 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom