Glofish Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THEY WILL LIVE. I'm pretty sure petsmart AND petco are experienced pet people. THEY KNOW WHAT THE ARE TALKING ABOUT OKAY!

Again...
Petco and Petsmart is not where I would get all my information from. Although they have some good employees from time to time, for the majority they are not. They don't even train their employees half the time.

I'm sorry you feel as if we're ganging up on you, but we're just telling you what we've all heard.

Just because they will live does not mean they will survive.
Maya Angelou said:
The best part of life is not just surviving, but thriving.

I downloaded some pictures to show you what will happen.

Stunted glofish:
View attachment 67867
That is what will happen if you put the glofish in the ten gallon. Simply upgrade to a 20 gallon long, and it will not happen. Petco is having a dollar per gallon sale right now. So for 20$ you could keep them. But you might need a better filter and heater.
Happy and healthy glofish:
View attachment 67868
Again, the solution if you have to have them, is a twenty gallon long.

Please, be polite everyone, rudeness and flaming will not be tolerated. All comments that are of such a nature will be deleted and the thread will be closed.

Many chain stores give bad advice regarding fish, they sometimes do not know better, sometimes they do it on purpose because if you lose your fish, you have to come back and buy more fish.

If you choose to not listen or take advice from the members here, that is your choice. But do realize that chain stores benefit from people's inexperience, the members here do not.

maxwellag said:
I'm glad you made that decision. :) You should start a stocking thread for the tanks you have... people will give you tons of good ideas.

I started one for the ten gallon. I have a 30 gallon for goldfish but it's already stocked so I'm not gonna post one for that.

Back
Top Bottom