Glofish. What exactly are they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even if you are ordering them of a website?

Yes because you are importing them not the website. It's a new law. Most fish will now go up in price. The government is trying to stop invasive species. I don't think it's a bad thing we will get more higher quality stock that is actually bred locally.

I guess that's true. Oh well. Guess I won't be getting glofish then

Here's my set up with normal lighting, again only the red, yellow, and green really glow under the Glowlight, but cardinals tetras look amazing in it.

Attachments

• image-2859044207.jpg
    image-2859044207.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 71
I'm not 100% sure why they are illegal other than because they are copyrighted/patented.

These fish were originally designed by the US military (im not sure of the purpose) and they are stingy. They are the only group allowed to supply the fish for a profit.

There is a loophole which is you can "give the fry away" but you can't make a penny from them.

I'm not 100% sure why they are illegal other than because they are copyrighted/patented.

These fish were originally designed by the US military (im not sure of the purpose) and they are stingy. They are the only group allowed to supply the fish for a profit.

There is a loophole which is you can "give the fry away" but you can't make a penny from them.

But you can't 'give the fry away' to someone in Canada right? :p

AWWW! It's so cute!!! XD I want one! She has to like these ones! Are they at all easy to find??

AWWW! It's so cute!!! XD I want one! She has to like these ones! Are they at all easy to find??

Some lfs will have them if you live in the us you can simply order them from live aquaria. Be warned tho that they need to be in a species only tank and you could only put 2 max in a ten gallon. Terrance here on aa knows a lot about these. I suggest you do some research on them before acquiring a few specimens. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Some lfs will have them if you live in the us you can simply order them from live aquaria. Be warned tho that they need to be in a species only tank and you could only put 2 max in a ten gallon. Terrance here on aa knows a lot about these. I suggest you do some research on them before acquiring a few specimens. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

When you say species only tank, do you mean fish species, or you couldn't have invertebrates either?

Back
Top Bottom