Glosso in a 10Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't find any screw-ins higher than 25 :(. And plus this ballast is only rated for something like 15W so I donno if I wanna push my luck any harder.

have u considered DIY at all?u can get a ballast for very cheap and run t-8's over the tank. another great options is to buy the CF lamps they have out. most of them ate about 15 watts but if u purchased 2 u would be getting alot more light than the screw in type. i have 80 watts over my 20 gal and it grows so low u only see 2 little tiny leaves coming out of the substrate. no upward growth at all. i am also growing under 28 watts of t-8 in my 10 gal. it grows a bit higher but nothing like yours.

Woah really, 28 watts?? Jeez, I've got 50W going now... Goes to show how much more efficient t-8s are.

DIY hm? Where could I get ballasts... Any old hardware store?

most hardware stores will have them but your best bet is an actual electrical supplier. i got my 4xt-8 balast for 20 bucks. then a few bucks for the end caps. in total it cost me 35 bucks to build a 4X24" t-8 set up for my 20 gal. but the wattage isnt always the factor. u can run aot less wattage and still produce the same results as highlight. look at amano's tanks.... he runs alot lower then most people and they are amazing. like if u ran 28 watts of actual cf in a proper reflective hood u will be getting more then 50 watts of screw in cf. same with t-8s and t-5s. i like t-8's becasue of the selection in bulbs and the ease of putting it together. thant and i can never seem to find a cheap t-5 ballast lol. if u need any help with wiring or other questions u can pm me with questions. oh and if u are feeling really adventurous u could always try overdriving the bulbs. even more bang for your buck.

Back
Top Bottom