Glotetras and guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chillie308

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm currently cycling a 60 gallon tank and thinking about my stock. Would Glofish tetras and guppies get along? I'm thinking 12 glofish and 12 male guppies and maybe a pleco . I have a few red Rilli shrimp also what else could I add that may be a good fit? I have 2 toddlers so they adore bright active fish.

It would work fine.

I'd highly recommend the use of Quarantine especially if getting these fish from a chain store. It can save you a bunch of frustration if you were to bring home a sick one unknowingly.

Provide lots of hiding places for the shrimp.

Caleb

Just also be aware that there is a copyright on all of the glo type fish so if they breed it's "illegal" to sell them. Just a crazy fyi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the Pleco will be enjoying a shrimp dinner and straggler snacks.

I think the Pleco will be enjoying a shrimp dinner and straggler snacks.

I thought about that if I decided on a pleco the shrimp would stay in their current tank :) I'm just wondering how the tetras and guppies would do together I keep reading mixed reviews

Well the glow tetras are a species that can be a bit nippy so it may not work out so well for the finnage on the guppies.

What about the danios? From what I'm seeing they may be ok in a larger tank in a big enough school ... My guppies don't have the super long fins I have nebula steels and some blue variated ones

Back
Top Bottom