Glow fish and florescent paint.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atlusfox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Before you get weird ideas i do not plan on putting the paint on or inside the tank. Instead I plan on creating a special back ground for our tank and was wondering if I could pick the brain of some one who has made a costume back ground before.

The plan is simple. Set up the glow fish tank like normal. After that I will buy a black thin board. The type that are cheap at hobby lobby, and some florescent paint. I will then costume cut the board to mach the back and the left side of the tank. This will leave the front and right side open for viewing. On the board I plan on painting a scene or designs that will complement the decor of the tank.

My question is will the light designed for the glow fish work with this back ground? Or do I need to invest in an additional black light to really make things pop?

My only experience here is that red lights bring out red colours, blue - blue colours, etc. Would be interested to see pics on how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom