Goby vs Cleaner Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremyz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went out and bought a new cleaner shrimp today.. after acclimation he lasted 2 hours in the tank. Went to feed the community a little bit more and noticed the shrimps antenna sticking from my goby's mouth..a little more than ticked off!

I have a cleaner shrimp issue in one of my tanks as well, what kind of goby is it? I have a pink spotted watchman, but I just cant see him eating a shrimp! LOL

Shoot that's wired :-/
I have a clown goby,pink spotted goby, yellow watchman goby, fire fish goby, and two cleaner shrimps and it's like church in there ahhhh :)

Could it have been that it died then the goby grabbed a pease????
Cause I once had a clownfish die and I caught my yellow tang eating it, I say thats when fish or inverts do crazy crap like that ....

I just recently purchased a Blue Spotted Watchman Goby and two nights in a roll, I saw the goby and the cleaner shrimp right next to each other in the front of the tank. Came home from work the third day and saw the end of the shrimp sticking out the Goby's mouth!! I was also very angry!! I'm going to call the store and see if they will at least let me exchange the goby for another cleaner shrimp since they are cheaper than the goby anyway!!

Hmmmm you guys are making me wonder. I have a Fire Shrimp and have my heart set on adding a Diamond Goby in a few weeks. Am I asking for trouble?

My watchman loved my cleaner shrimp, he evenlet them clean his gills and mouth...but then again something killed my cleaners so I will never know for sure

I have a goby in my 72 gal sw tank and it does a great job at cleaning the sand. However, it also does a great job at dumping sand on top of the rocks even burying some of the smaller ones. It's cool to watch him work though!

Sorry, I have been gone for a bit. My shrimp was a cleaner and the goby is a 4 inch long Bathygobius fuscus (frill fin). I am unclear if the shrimp was actually dead before hand though. Regardless of what happened he is a very peaceful fish! Gets along with the family including my bi-colored blenny. I think the next cleaner shrimps I get will just be a little bigger than about 1 to 1 1/2 inches.

Back
Top Bottom