Going on holiday for 3 weeks, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any such autofeeders you guys would recommend?

I just got back from a 2 week vacation. Fish were fed a small portion just once, after 7 days.

2 3-line cories I had in QT died, and my youngest Endlers now have sunken bellies. Eeek.

The heater in my 29g became unplugged at some point and the caretaker of the tanks did not check the temperature of that specific tank daily- as I had instructed. When I got back the tank was at 68 degrees, and I don't know how long it went being that cold, but everyone is alive and eating and looking fine at the moment. One skunk cory is flashing, so I'll have to keep an eye on that. There are several platy fry in that tank and I think they are all accounted for.

My plants in the 29g do look a little roughed up. Perhaps the change in temperature, or lack of Flourish fertilization, made them a little mad? I also expect the fish to have nibbled them a little bit.

Overall not my best vacation experience. I think next time I will have the Endler colony fed a little more often and have the water changed. With my newly purchased water changer, it will be easier to teach someone how to do it properly.

I will stress that all equipment, particularly the heaters, be checked daily for malfunctions!

Back
Top Bottom