Going through a hard stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You still have to seriously consider rehoming the fish I mentioned. It's just not right to keep them in an inappropriate environment. It can only lead to illness and a shortened life span for them.

LyndaB said:
You still have to seriously consider rehoming the fish I mentioned. It's just not right to keep them in an inappropriate environment. It can only lead to illness and a shortened life span for them.

Especially that pleco. I have one that is almost a foot long now. He's going into a 120 gallon tank, and that still might be too small!

When he gets to big the pet store will buy him back off me

He's too big now. We all know what it's like to want a particular species really really bad, but you must do what's right for the fish. Otherwise, you don't "keep" fish, you just "have" fish. Big difference.

Ultimately, of course, it's your decision. All we can do is give you solid information to help you make that choice.

LyndaB said:
He's too big now. We all know what it's like to want a particular species really really bad, but you must do what's right for the fish. Otherwise, you don't "keep" fish, you just "have" fish. Big difference.

Ultimately, of course, it's your decision. All we can do is give you solid information to help you make that choice.

Lynda is correct. And which lfs did you buy your pleco? If it was a large chain store, chances are they will not take it back unless the fish is under their two-week maximum. They usually wont take fish they know they won't be able to house.

My LFS has a big pond with plecos in there some are proper big and he will take it back

Back
Top Bottom