Going to breed gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sodemann58

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have recently sold all of my fish from my 30 gallon so that i may breed a female with my male blue gourami. I will get the female and quarantine her while i start my tank up cycling, as i will clean it thoroughly. Ill have it all last 2-3 weeks then place the female in the 30 for a week or two then add my male.

Im curious as to if i can breed my blue gourami with a gold gourami female? Or do i need another blue gourami? Any tips or tricks for breeding them? I am doing lots of research but am curious as to what u guys need to say. Also any good plants that stay at the top of the tank that are easy to care for so my blue gourami can easily build his bubble nest?

Thanks

I am not sure if you can breed blue and gold gouramis. All I know is that they are both the same species (I think), just different color varaints.

First, find a male and female. I am not sure how to sex them, but IME my gold female gourami was a dull yellow/gray and very big.

To condition them, I would feed them some bloodworms, and then keep your water pristine and provide many hiding places. Then wait.

After you see your male building something that looks like soap spilled in your tank (a bubble nest), you have a pair. Now, this is when you have to be careful. After they court each other, you will need to take the female out. If not, you're going to have a lot of aggression problems between the two. The male is going to attack the female, and unless you have several hiding places and your tank is heavily planted, she'll be stressed.

After that you should have babies.

This is all purely opinion. I haven't tried to breed gouramis and have just been going off one my experience on DGs breeding. Good luck! (y)

I'm about to breed blue gouramis as well and they way to sex them in males top fin is long and pointy and the females have shorter and fatter top fins and I'm going to shbscibe to this because I need the info too :D we can learn this together

Back
Top Bottom