Going to college

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For feeding I would feed newborns tiny amounts 4-5 times per day. This is where a matured tank and biofilm come in handy, because fry can much any time. Also you can google how to culture Infusoria for new babies, though not necessary, but great food size for them.

Also fry food, Hikari First Bites, use the end of a toothpick, because this stuff is very fine; a tiny amount goes a long way. Ken's growth formula is really good, usually get online. Then when the fry are a bit bigger you can see them well you can change feeding less to 3 and then 2 times per day. Again, tiny amounts.

I kinda watch to see when they are hungry. My tank is heavily planted - so if I see a lot of them nipping plants I add a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have lots of snails, but these fry are gaining some pretty interesting colors, I heard they change colors a lot. Around when should i be able to tell male from female??

Also at what age would i be able to move these little guys, i have several places where they can go but they would need to go for a couple hour drive back home

I think you can travel with them any time, as long as they wont get too hot or too cold. You can transport them in a bag just like if they were coming home from the lfs. You can add some moss or a plant to let them feel a little more secure. Skip feeding them the night before.

After acclimating, give them a few hours to settle in then feed lightly for the 1st day or two.

I think you can travel with them any time, as long as they wont get too hot or too cold. You can transport them in a bag just like if they were coming home from the lfs. You can add some moss or a plant to let them feel a little more secure. Skip feeding them the night before.

After acclimating, give them a few hours to settle in then feed lightly for the 1st day or two.

Im afraid to move them haha they seem so small and fragile, i am picking up a 36 gal bow front on either friday or saturday. and that is going to be there new home, im going to hook up the canister filter from my 100 gal to it so it cycles in a hurry

Sorry I have not been on in a very long time, my plans changed quite a bit, but the guppies have been breeding with no end, im slowly filling up every area of empty tanks with them, including other peoples tanks, the fry are gorgeous and my LFS has taken many of them and given me store credits haha but now i have more than enough, I got so many that i even took one batch and put it in my turtle tank and they surprisingly seem to be doing great

Well that's good. Kinda bad and good at the same time. Ours go in kinda waves where we have tons of fry or none

Well that's good. Kinda bad and good at the same time. Ours go in kinda waves where we have tons of fry or none

My LFS is in love with them, they give me $1 store credit for every one I bring in, they are selling them for $5 a hybrid. I got 2 new pairs so there was less inbreeding, 2 blue female guppies and 2 yellow cobra endler males. the fry that are coming out are really cool, Ill try to put up some pictures tomorrow

Man, you're lucky! My LFS will only take guppy fry for $1 a bucket... How big are they when you bring them in?

Hmmm 3 weeks isn't too bad. I'll check with my LFS again and see if they'd take them at that size and if there's a specific breed they may pay more for. Maybe I just didn't have the right kind they wanted before. I have a spare 10g tank I was trying to figure out what to do with, so maybe a guppy breeding tank is an option :)

Here's one of the oldest fry, they are all looking like this now that I took out certain parents and fry

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421515221173.jpg
    1421515221173.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom