Gold dojo with black spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montana

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My dojo has developed 4 black spots. One is large, the other is shaped like a 3 sided leaf, the other two are small. He or she seems fine otherwise. The spots have been there for months now. I have searched all over to find out what it is. I asked my local aquarium shop and they gave me meds. Nothing has taken these spots away. So months latter I searched again. I found this site. I also checked pictures of other gold dojo loaches to see if any of them had these blackish grey spots. I did find some photos and it seems like a normal thing. I don't get it. It is something I need to be concerned about or just let it ride? My other gold dojo is not gold but pink, and has none of these spots. But the one with spots just developed them and they don't at this time seem to be getting any bigger. I just love these guys and don't want to see anything happen to them. I just worry.

Have a pic? It depends on what it looks like. If it is a young dojo and is developing color that is all it could be but i dont know unless i see.

I did finally get a photo of my dojo. Here is the photo
img_1142373_0_22b3e6528019ca2a0c3cfff4a0a9da97.jpg

looks like he is just getting some color to me. nothing to worry about. I would love that.

Thank you for your response. The fish store employee thought it was some sort of infection. But he has had them for a very long time. I believe you are right. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom