Gold nugget pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weaverkb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased one of these for my tank. Anyone have any experience with these? I've had other plecos in the past but with the coloration on the new one, I couldn't pass it up. I've been told that they were less hardy than commons but haven't found anything definitive.

Keep your Nitrites at 0ppm, they are really sensitive to nitrites. They arent as hardy as a BN or a common pleco.

-Pleco

I have one and although I rarely see him, he is a favorite of mine. Make sure you feed algae wafers, and veggies for variety. As with all tanks, 0 ppm ammonia and nitrite is preferred. I've had mine for a year and find him to be quite hardy.

I didn't have such good luck with mine, so just be sure to keep up on your water changes and as Zagz said, feed a variety of good foods. I hope yours does well; they are awesome fish.

I've had one for a while now. I couldn't really say on the hardiness, he seems to be a tough little guy. My tanks were all cycled and established before I got him. He's a great algea scrubber for the fry grow out tank though. Haven't seen him so much as go near any of the fry.

Super shy, but very cool when he comes out for munchies.

Well, I went looking for it the other day and noticed that his coloration was a little off and he was just sitting there on the bottom. Sad to say but the little guy is no longer with us.

I love mine. He spends most of the day attached upside down to the underside of a large piece of fake driftwood, but is easy to see the way I have my tank arranged. When I drop in wafers, he comes charging out to devour them as soon as he smells them. It's fun to watch him and the clown loaches "fight" over food. I think they have a need for brink current because I have found him a few times suckered onto the outflow from my HOB filter where the water rushes back into the tank. The first time, I worried that he might try to climb into the filter, but it hasn't happened yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom