golden algae eater turning black !!!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marquis

Aquarium Advice Freak
my sisters golden algae eater if turning black this happened after waking up to find her 2 convicts dead what's going on is he black from stress could a temp change do this

also sorry no water parameters the tanks a ten gallon the power went out for about an hour and i know its to small for two convicts but my sister won't listen to me

please help i know nothing about freshwater and my lil sister was very sad

The Power was out for an Hour? and the Temp dropped that quick or am I missing something?

I don't think an Hour of the Filter and Heater being off should do that if the tank is indoors at room temp. I had to keep my Convicts in a bucket for two hours once with just a Air tube and they were ok. Something else is going on there. Can you check the Water levels? Ph/Am/Nitrites/Nitrates?

Pton46 said:
The Power was out for an Hour? and the Temp dropped that quick or am I missing something?

I don't think an Hour of the Filter and Heater being off should do that if the tank is indoors at room temp. I had to keep my Convicts in a bucket for two hours once with just a Air tube and they were ok. Something else is going on there. Can you check the Water levels? Ph/Am/Nitrites/Nitrates?

i can once i get to her place in a few days and the temp went up because of the nice weather she doesn't have a heater as the tank stayed at 78 all winter but we just got a bunch if days, with 25 degree weather outside

Back
Top Bottom