Goldfish crackers ARE NOT fish food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellawson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am baby sitting the most adorable 4 year old little girl that just feed my fish a handful of Goldfish crackers! I managed to fish most of them out (they hadn't even gotten soggy yet) but not before Jack got a hold of one I think he spit most of it out. I'm going to wait a bit and feed him some peas in effort to move things along just in case. I don't think there is any thing else I can do or should do...is there?

Do a quick water change. They could have put in some nasty salts and oils into the water. 25% should be good enough.

+1 on the PWC.... but i doubt it would affect anything significantly... depending, of course, on the amount of crackers that were introduced and the size of your tank.... but i would have to say you are fine.

I did about a 30% pwc and put some carbon in one of my filters. I'm just glad she didn't feel the need to share her hot dog she had for lunch.

That's kinda funny. After a PWC, I wouldn't worry about it unless you see something obviously wrong.

Yeah now it's kinda funny while I was "taking the water out" I tried to explain to her that we only feed the fish fish food, she was quick to point out that I give them peas,and cucumbers, and that's people food. LOL

What could I say? We agreed no more crackers.

Back
Top Bottom