Goldfish eyes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodOSoot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well the Black Telescope(really orange & white now) hurts on of his eyes a while back. Recovered fine, the eye is no longer there just healed over. Now his other eye is getting huge. It's not infected, it's not popeye since the other fish would also show symptoms. He's happy(from what I can tell) eats when he finds the food.

It is just this one eye is getting really big, I though it may be a fluid buildup from only having one eye or like humans get when they lose a sense, the others tend to get more sensitive. So maybe he has one huge really sensitive eye since he lost the other.

I am thinking of selling or giving him away because I'm afraid he might hurt himself again. I figure someone who takes car of Bubble Eye and Celestials will be better apt to care for his clumsy nature.

The fish's eye should not be getting bigger (even if it is compensating for being blinded on the other side). At any rate, telescopes are pretty much blind even when the eyes are "normal", and they mostly rely on their sense of smell.

When you say the eye is really big - how big is that? <And how old/big is the fish?> If you have a young fish, the eyes will continue to telescope as it grows, so what you are seeing may well be normal growth <a pic would help.> OTOH, buldging eyes may be the first sign of dropsy .... is there any other symptoms, swelling in the body, scales sticking out, etc.?

No problems at all and as far as age perhaps a year 1/2 right now...he is growing but the tank is the bottle neck now.

Oneeye.gif

He is more orange now and the eye is bigger.

The eye looks pretty normal size for a telescope to me. I think you started with a juvenile and the eye is just getting to be normal adult size.

Back
Top Bottom