Goldfish in a bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a bowl that size with no filter, you just just stuff with anacharis plants to absorb the toxins (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) and keep snails and shrimp in there. Still change the water several times a week. Just don't let the temp fluctuate too much out of nowhere (like if it were near AC or window). Good luck

These plants are all easy to grow. If you see a thick root like thing tie or rubberband that part to a rock. I made at least 30 plants from 1 hygro. When I'd find leaves in the water, I'd put them in a container of water until they had roots to replant.

If you get plants (that are not marked "snail free" from petco or Petsmart) expect snails.

Good ferts for plants are Seachem's Excel for the equivalent of CO2, Seachem's Flourish and API's Leaf Zone. ( Fertilize once a week on different days. One is macros and one is micros)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407027491.563432.jpg

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

This thread seems to have run it's course. If the OP has anymore questions about the specifics of the situation, then feel free to ask. No more OT posts.
Also, OP, please consider our rules about ethical fish keeping. Your planted bowl idea sounds fine. I suggest researching planted bowls. Feel free to ask more questions if you would like more advice on them.

Back
Top Bottom