Goldfish is really sick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't lower the water flow. I don't have an extra feeder or air stone. I haven't started the metro thing yet because I can't find the food anywhere. I don't know what to do! I'm 16 so I can't just drive to the pet store whenever I want to because I don't have my license yet. Even if I could, I have no money ! GRRR

No worries! Keep up with the daily water changes. Add salt at 1TBS per 10 gallons. So a 5 gallon tank would be 1/2 tbs. If you change 50% of the water, redose 50% of salt. Try this for a few days. You can put a rinsed out pantyhouse with rubber band on the end of the filter to cut down suction.

Today my fish isn't doing so well. I tried to feed him and eat would eat it then spit it out immediately after. I don't think he got anything in him. :(

Don't feed at all for few days. Fish can survive without food for a long time. WATER CHANGE.

Alrighty. I'll try it. I've increased water changes to about 90% daily. I add a little less then 1 tablespoon of salt every time too.

You just need to change 50% a day and redose 1/2 tbs. of salt daily.

I can't lower the water flow. I don't have an extra feeder or air stone. I haven't started the metro thing yet because I can't find the food anywhere. I don't know what to do! I'm 16 so I can't just drive to the pet store whenever I want to because I don't have my license yet. Even if I could, I have no money ! GRRR

Hi Lindsey, sorry your little guy is sick. :( It can be frustrating when we don't know why they are sick, it would be a lot easier if they could just tell us, huh? You are on the right track and the folks here really know their stuff.

The only place I know to buy metro-meds is goldfishconnection.com. They sent it out priority when I emailed them to ask if I could get it soon. Their products are great. I purchased medigold, metromeds and prazi to keep on hand.

Good luck and hope he gets better. He is lucky to have an owner who cares about him. Keep up the water changes and I would ask your dad to order the metro-Meds.

My goldfish got worse and died. Thanks for all the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom