Goldfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not with most goldfish, but if you have one with a particularly sensitive digestive system you may need to.

I don't need to with any of mine.

I use peas twice a week to prevent swim bladder disorder. 1 pea per inch of fish(not counting tail).

Peas are not expensive and the goldfish love em.

The way I see it, I would rather prevent the issue before it occurs. Plus it's cheap, I substitute it for one of their pellet meals.

I don't think I will be able to buy more fish food right now because I have a huge container of flakes. But there is a lot of peas on the freezer. Would it be okay to continue with the flakes and add peas for now?

Vindu said:
I don't think I will be able to buy more fish food right now because I have a huge container of flakes. But there is a lot of peas on the freezer. Would it be okay to continue with the flakes and add peas for now?

Yep, that'll be fine. The old wives tale of goldies gulping air is just that. I feed mine floating and sinking food and have never had an issue with it. My Moors like to swim to the top take in a big mouthful of air and swim around blowing bubbles lol. Then they surf the bubbles from my air stone like a wave maker on a ocean liner :p.

It really would be worth it to get them on a better diet sooner. No reason to deny them better nutrition just to save a few bucks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom