Goldfish turning white?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
37gal with three ryukins one large bubble bar a aquaclear70 and a sunsun40. Its been setup for about 2years now. I do 1-2 10gal water changes a week.

My almost three yearold goldfish(alcapone) has recently begun growing a patch of white. Its not raised or fuzzy its the scales themselves. There turning white. Not falling off or anything. I recently started feeding them hikari fancy goldfish breeder select food. This white patch has grown fast. In a week or two. My other ryukin(roadrunner) also had some black patches. I tested the water and had trace amounts of ammonia but thats been dealt with for a while now. And the third(gills) fishes ammonia burn has since healed and went away. Al capone also has a weird burst blood vessel looking thing I read can be caused by nitrite poisoning but I've been testing for days and never tested nitrite. Also Roadrunner still has these black patches. None have shrunk.
I'm wondering whats causing the white patches on al capone?
Whats causing the black patches on roadrunner, is it likley still healing ammonia burns?
And if I never tested nitrite what is with the burst blood vessel on alcapones tail??

Back
Top Bottom