good afternoon everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WiltingSoul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to the aquarium business though I've had goldfish on & off over the years, though never in ideal conditions. I've decided to do my homework so I can get a good tank set up. I've currently got a regular 10 gallon tank with 2 common goldfish. I know the rule is 10gal per fish when it comes to gf, but at the moment a 10 gallon is the biggest I've got. I'm looking around for something bigger, but since I'm without a job at the moment its hard to find tanks within my price range. I do however, have 2 filters running in each rated at 5-15gal. Please don't lecture me on my tank being too small, that's not why I'm here. I'm here to learn about any future tanks I may set up.There's a possibility I will get a 10gal hex tank from a friend & I'd like to turn it into a tropical tank with kuhli loaches. The tank is 18" tall so I'd like to know what I can stock it with. I'm looking for something that will use all levels of the aquarium, top, middle, bottom (hopefully loaches). How many kuhli loaches can I put in the 10gal hex? From my research I know groups of 4 or more make them more courageous. I just don't want to overstock my tank.I'm sure someone will tell me to put the other gf in the new 10gal hex if I get it, but I don't think I can split the two up, they seem so happy together, constantly swimming side by side. Thank you in advance for your help. I look forward to any advice you can give me.Oh! Before I forget. We've got a pit in our yard where our above ground pool used to be that's filled with what they called "sugar sand" when they installed it. Can that sand be used in an aquarium? Granted I wash it very well before use of course. Thanks!-Kari

Back
Top Bottom