Good LFS in Miami/Lauderdale area???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmaglich

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,
I noticed that a lot of you are from the South Florida area. I am new to Miami, and was wondering if you all would be able to give me a recommendation for good LFS around here. I havent had much luck with any lately. Thanks in advance!

Big Al's Aquarium Superstore will blow you away... Located on the Southeast corner of Atlantic Blvd and University Dr. in Margate, or Coral Springs. It's like Disneyland for people in the aquarium hobby...

Well, I would'nt say it's worth THAT much of a drive, but if you're in "the area" then it's a cool way to burn up a couple of hours. They got a lot of well kept tanks, planted and otherwise, all fish look great and they have a huge selection of decorations, most of which are overpriced. The best part is the health of their fish stock, every tank is pristine, at least the last time I was there... Nice selection of everything: freshwater, saltwater, all cichlids, plants, and helpful staff.

Also, a really good shop is "the Fish Net" in Oakland Park, on Andrews ave. The owner is a great lady and I like to give her business, since Big Als is doing to her what Wal Mart does to little mom & pop operations.

Back
Top Bottom