Good schooling fish for angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like another school in my tank because my current dither fish (rosy barbs) are more skittish then my angel (who's really outgoing).

So what tetras have the smallest bioload, but are big enough the angel wont make a snack out of then. He's only about quarter size right now.

My tank is getting close to stocked, so I want a small bioload. I waterchange 50% a week and its planted.

I would like another school in my tank because my current dither fish (rosy barbs) are more skittish then my angel (who's really outgoing).

So what tetras have the smallest bioload, but are big enough the angel wont make a snack out of then. He's only about quarter size right now.

My tank is getting close to stocked, so I want a small bioload. I waterchange 50% a week and its planted.
Silvertips, Lemons, Rummynose, Penguins, Bloodfins all come to mind. These tend to less nippy than other Tetras. Glo-lites and Von Rios if you like taking chances when the Angel gets bigger. :brows:

Hope this helps (y)

Reactions: HN1
Almost any tetras will be fine with angels as long as they are small when they are introduced to tetras. If you put tetras in with a large angelfish that has not been raised with tetras they will be eaten. So start with young ones and you will be fine.

Silvertips, Lemons, Rummynose, Penguins, Bloodfins all come to mind. These tend to less nippy than other Tetras. Glo-lites and Von Rios if you like taking chances when the Angel gets bigger. :brows:

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks! My LFS has rummynoses and bloodfins

Ok my tank is a 30 gal tall tank (21" tall and 16" wide). I'm running the aquaclear that does 250 gph (maybe 300. I don't remember and just recycled the box). My waterchange schedule is 50% every Sunday and the tank is moderately planted. My nitrates never get above 20 usually.

Current stock is-
1 angelfish (quarter size)
3 GBR
5 rosy barbs

Do you think I have room for 6 rummynoses?

I love rummies, but would recommend lemons over them with angels. Lemon tetra are so underrated, but are cheaper and healthier (generally) than the rummies you'll find. Plus they aren't shaped like snacks.

I love rummies, but would recommend lemons over them with angels. Lemon tetra are so underrated, but are cheaper and healthier (generally) than the rummies you'll find. Plus they aren't shaped like snacks.

Ok thanks:). I'm just worried that the price of getting it ordered in or shipped to me will make them more expensive.

Ok thanks:). I'm just worried that the price of getting it ordered in or shipped to me will make them more expensive.

Ask your LFS if they can bring some in for you. This way you can see the fish before you buy them and you won't have to pay for the shipping. Just a thought ;)

Back
Top Bottom