Got a few things...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well while waiting for our (the boy's) 10G to cycle i figured i would grab a couple things for it. Still need a heater but got a thermometer, florescent screw in bulbs (brighter), a air pump, some air tubing and a bubble curtain. Does the bubbles going into the filter hurt it? Here is a pic.

2ilj94z.jpg

No it will not hurt the the filter at all. Just makes more bubbles and dissolve air in the water more.

You'll likely hear the impeller of the filter "chewing" on the bubbles, and it can be quite loud and obnoxious. Some claim that it can cause the motor to wear out quicker too, but I don't know that to be true. If it's not making loud noises, I wouldnt think twice about it.

Tank is looking good. congrats

Its not making much noise. Thanks match I think its a old piece of LR it was dry when I got it so i rinsed and scrubbed it REALLY well in HOT water and put it in hope it will be ok cause since then I read your supposed to boil things you put in the tank...

Could I eventually have real plants in this tank with the setup I have now?

I got two of these bulbs in it now...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10448675#ProductDetail

20 W of CF over a 10 gal - you can do low light plants like Java ferns & moss, maybe crypts. <You may also try some stems like hornwort or hygro ... although they need a bit more light. I had 33W on my 10 when I had those.>

I got a heater today after being told they do fine I got the tetra automatic temp control submersible one. 10-30G

Back
Top Bottom