Got Anemone by fedex, what di i do? help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really depends on the fish. But condys can be hosted by ocellaris I believe. I'd look up which types of clowns can host a condy.

Condys are from the Atlantic actually whereas clowns are from the Pacific. Only a captive bred clown is likely to host it, though certain crabs and shrimp do very often.

You didn't ever say where you ordered it. I want to be sure to avoid them.

Just got home from work. Anemone is all closed up. Is this normal or problem. It's sold but the guy will pick up on Sunday. Help

Hi everyone,
Congratulations on Canada day!!

The guy who said he will pick up sunday bailed out. Once again I am scared. So I decided to spend few hundred dollars than to kill this animal. I may still sell it if I find a better home later.

There have narrowed down to 2 choices for lights out of options I have. I can't afford to spend too much. Both fixtures below I can get for $ 165. Help me choose Plz.

1. Old at craigslist.
Total wattage is 156 (4 x 39 watts). Dimensions: 36"x 7.25" x 2.5".
Link: http://www.bigalsonline.ca/productDetailsPage.mtw?productId=9060865&source=ppc_cdn_wishabi

Comes with:
1 Current T5 HO 39W 10KK lamp
2 Current T5 HO 39W 460 nm Actinic lamps
1 Coralife T5 HO 39W Colormax lamp
These were used for about 6 months
Also comes with 2 brand new lamps (thrown in for free):
1 Coralife T5 HO 39W 6700K Daylight

2. New one at LFS.

Aqua Nova NHT5-900

• Simple setup, with optional use of 90 degree, adjustable feet to suit each unit
• Plastic splash proof cover to avoid water from splashing on globes.
• Model - NHT5-900 (4 Tube)
• Unit Length - 90cm - 3foot
• Watt - 4x39W
• Light Tube - 2 x WHITE / 2 x BLUE

Plz help me decide which is better choice. I am so confused .

Heera said:
Hi everyone,
Congratulations on Canada day!!

The guy who said he will pick up sunday bailed out. Once again I am scared. So I decided to spend few hundred dollars than to kill this animal. I may still sell it if I find a better home later.

There have narrowed down to 2 choices for lights out of options I have. I can't afford to spend too much. Both fixtures below I can get for $ 165. Help me choose Plz.

1. Old at craigslist.
Total wattage is 156 (4 x 39 watts). Dimensions: 36"x 7.25" x 2.5".
Link: http://www.bigalsonline.ca/productDetailsPage.mtw?productId=9060865&source=ppc_cdn_wishabi

Comes with:
1 Current T5 HO 39W 10KK lamp
2 Current T5 HO 39W 460 nm Actinic lamps
These were used for about 6 months
Also comes with 2 brand new lamps (thrown in for free):
1 Coralife T5 HO 39W 6700K Daylight

2. New one at LFS.

Aqua Nova NHT5-900

• Simple setup, with optional use of 90 degree, adjustable feet to suit each unit
• Plastic splash proof cover to avoid water from splashing on globes.
• Model - NHT5-900 (4 Tube)
• Unit Length - 90cm - 3foot
• Watt - 4x39W
• Light Tube - 2 x WHITE / 2 x BLUE

Plz help me decide which is better choice. I am so confused .

I personally like my aquaticlife which I belive is very close to that nova... you should be fine with that. Gti leo he seems to know what he's talking about. A. ( the a was thrown in there to sound canadian. )

I personally like my aquaticlife which I belive is very close to that nova... you should be fine with that. Gti leo he seems to know what he's talking about. A. ( the a was thrown in there to sound canadian. )
its eh , jeez dude get it right:)lol:lol)

Which nova??? Both have word nova..

1. Nova extreme High output t5 lighting fixture

And

2nd . Aqua Nova NHT5-900

Which one will be better for anemones and corals???

Go with the craigslist one. It comes with extra bulbs and they have the same watt outputs. Just make sure it is in working order first because it IS used.

slitherbomb said:
Go with the craigslist one. It comes with extra bulbs and they have the same watt outputs. Just make sure it is in working order first because it IS used.

Thanks Slitherbomb.
Ya, don't want to buy it and it stops working in a week. Extra bulbs.. How do I know if they are not used. Or does that not matter??

Idk, maybe they would be wrapped in the package they came in. I don't think that it would matter though, but if you really care, then I would test each bulb in the light fixture if they are not packaged.

Yeah, when the bulb starts to get old, the spectrum drops. But that is usually after a year of use, and if the bulb hasn't been used, and is new, it doesn't matter how old it is.

I just got back from work. Anemone is all open and looks good. Pic attached.

When I left it was hiding under the rock I was fearing the worst. It was all close up. I fed some brine shrimp and went to work.

I am do happy. Thanks you guys, all of you.

I will get new lights tomorrow. 

Attachments

• image-407382792.jpg
    image-407382792.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 141
  • image-3812673869.jpg
    image-3812673869.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 167
Anemone fully open today. Just fed some brine shrimp. It's all tangled up eating it.

But I had heard that anemone does not open in regular light??? Or eat...
Confused......

Back
Top Bottom