Got cool clown fish ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will you ask if they have ever seen a all black clown

I just got back, I asked him about the all black and all white clowns. He called them designer clowns, meaning they're not naturally occurring and inbred. I don't know if that matters with fish like it does with dogs, but inbreeding is bad for a reason, it weakens the offspring. We talked a bit about naturally occurring relatives of the 'Nemo' Clown, but the closest to solid colors was the Tomato. Even the Tomato has one white strip and the body color can vary from dark orange to maroon depending on where its found. Personally, I'd stay away from the inbred ones, but thats just me.
(y)

Was white with black lines, but must of been a designer clown as not seen one anywhere. Thanks for info just liked look of it and wondered what is was

Those designer clowns are$, I wanted some Picasso clowns till I saw the price lol. Here's one to look up the PNG Lightning Clown, it is a maroon clown wild morph they found. At first I think it sold for 5k only to we'll known breeders, last I heard the were $2500. People I'm pretty sure have got them captive bred now. But who knows the prices. The wild ones look awesome, but the captive breed I saw not so awesome IMO .

how the hell do you steal a platinum clown? I guess you could just have a thermus cup and scoop it up when no one was around? Just dont take a drink by mistake! lol. If you are going to steal a clown why a boring platinum clown =/

They came through the roof at night and knew their fish and corals. They took a lot of mother colonies also. They didn't trash anything in the store, that was nice of them lol

The "black clown" your referring to is called a midnight clown. Do a search for ORA clowns your see them all! Here's a link to the midnights (if it works)

http://www.orafarm.com/products/fish/clowns/midnight/

Look around their site you will find a spot to email about what LFS in your area order from ora! Not sure where your from but here in the east the are the big (not the only) supplier for this area, they are based out of FL. They may have other locations too, not sure. The only problem my LFS told me about ora designer clowns (the rare ones anyways) are very small when they come in.

The "white clown" Is called the platinum clown, one of my favorites! A paid is On my "fish list" for some day! My LFS has a pair or ora platinums he said he'd sell them for $400 for the pair. For not they look pretty in his tank! Lol

Here's the platinum link..
http://www.orafarm.com/products/fish/clowns/platinum/

Good luck!!! Let us know what you get!!!!

I just got back, I asked him about the all black and all white clowns. He called them designer clowns, meaning they're not naturally occurring and inbred. I don't know if that matters with fish like it does with dogs, but inbreeding is bad for a reason, it weakens the offspring. We talked a bit about naturally occurring relatives of the 'Nemo' Clown, but the closest to solid colors was the Tomato. Even the Tomato has one white strip and the body color can vary from dark orange to maroon depending on where its found. Personally, I'd stay away from the inbred ones, but thats just me.
(y)

The fire clown is in the same group as the tomato, and has no stripes. They are not quite uniform in color where the head and belly are a little lighter in color than the body.

The "black clown" your referring to is called a midnight clown. Do a search for ORA clowns your see them all! Here's a link to the midnights (if it works)

http://www.orafarm.com/products/fish/clowns/midnight/

Look around their site you will find a spot to email about what LFS in your area order from ora! Not sure where your from but here in the east the are the big (not the only) supplier for this area, they are based out of FL. They may have other locations too, not sure. The only problem my LFS told me about ora designer clowns (the rare ones anyways) are very small when they come in.

The "white clown" Is called the platinum clown, one of my favorites! A paid is On my "fish list" for some day! My LFS has a pair or ora platinums he said he'd sell them for $400 for the pair. For not they look pretty in his tank! Lol

Here's the platinum link..
http://www.orafarm.com/products/fish/clowns/platinum/

Good luck!!! Let us know what you get!!!!

Dang $400 a pair, the one that got ripped off was $100 at the LFS. That was like a year ago, man I thought prices went down in time.

The pair price Is probably jacked up since you could breed them and make some serious money. I have noticed that mated pairs are usually more that just two fish regardless of the fish.

The pair price Is probably jacked up since you could breed them and make some serious money. I have noticed that mated pairs are usually more that just two fish regardless of the fish.

Yep that's my guess too! And from what I heard you'll never know what you'll get with a platinum pair. Because they've been bread over and over to eliminate most of their color but still have genes of their ancestors.

My LFS said he only orders designer clowns when ORA is having a sale because they are so expensive and so small that some don't make it and ora doesn't offer them a guarantee on them. The pair he has are only about 2-3" and he's had them for about 2-3 months! I think they are beautiful but my husband thinks they are ugly so that makes it harder to convince him too! And the price doesn't help either! Lol

Designer clowns have alot of variation in price because some arnt as good as others. Some snowflakes can be as cheap as 75$ or as much as 150$ because of the pattern and their genetics. Piccaso clowns can range from 60$-250$+ each based on their genetics and pattern. My LFS's carry alot of designer clowns and they have midnight clowns that I find boring but my wife saw it and fell in love and wanted me to buy it till she saw it was 100$ (thank god she doesnt know what I paid for my current picassos) Just so you know the odds of a midnight clown and a platinum clown pairing up are slim and they may fight. You can expect to pay 200$ for a platinum clown and 100$ for a midnight beings they dont really change in price because they all look the same. The only thing I will tell you to do is make sure you inspect the jaw of the fish before buying it. If it has an underbight it has poor genetics and I would avoid buying it.

Back
Top Bottom