Got my 6 gallon nanocube up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered these plants online on Thursday, they were shipped today.
Crypt Parva
Dwarf Hairgrass
Narrow Leaf Java Fern

On Friday I came into work (tank is at work) and one of my nice co-workers had bought me some live plants from petsmart...so I put them in the tank for now...won't have room for everything, wuill have to bring some home I am sure. The substrate underneath is Sera Floradepot, a plant conditioning/feeding substrate and on top of it is just regular stone gravel. I plan on a pair of dwarf puffs when everything is said and done. I think my heater is missing a part, so I will have to exchange it, but here is the tank so far!

Here's the hood - the bulb is a 50/50 - should get the daylight bulb in tomorrow. There are also moonlights and two cooling fans
img_802614_0_bb1cdbd012e280e0da0a895f4f3a36c3.jpg

img_802614_1_97ea2fdb1ad136308380809fea6e9c69.jpg

img_802614_2_c21eb92b1cd380cbcead028d85c126f2.jpg

img_802614_3_bbd7d1339fec019340c3916324d78ac4.jpg

img_802614_4_e3972903d108893e428d06f685e23eed.jpg

Looks awesome! although the dwarf hairgrass might not grow very well in the "big" rocks. they seem to grow better in soil/small grade substrate IME. I had some in quarts gravel and it still had some issues :roll: ... also what is Sera Floradepot? anyways looks awesome. (except for the plant in the front right, its called mondo grass and its a bog plant) sorry I hope I dont sound like im tearing at your tank :? :wink: Im just giving my experience. but really the tank looks great and I think it will turn out well as well. out of curiosity how much light?

Thanks! The bog plant I had a feeling...which is why I put it away from the other plants, lol. I will take it home or something, I just didn't want to hurt my co-workers feelings, ya know?

The light is 18 watts. Right now it's a 50/50 bulb I should get the 10000k bulb in today.

What is the bunch plant? Looks like a hedge to me. You should remove the metal strip.

Very nice little tank.

NICE! That is going to look awesome when the plants fill in. I just have one suggestion- I was under the impression that java fern didn't really like to be down in the substrate... I'd probably attach it to a small piece of driftwood. I really like that look, JMO.

You should do a photo journal!

Just caught up with this one. Looking pretty good Lori. I agree with removing the metal band and if the ferns are not attached to a rock, please do that. You'll appreciate the growth rate (as will they).

Oh man, I wish my work would allow this!! It looks great! (Blazey is right about the mondo grass--I bought some from Petsmart and figured it out the hard way--but nice that you spared your co-worker).

The java ferns look great, and I agree with Jchillin--attached to a rock or a small piece of driftwood will make them take off.

When will the fish arrive? I can't remember what you decided on...

java fern...their is a story. I could NEVER get java fern, or java moss to grow on any wood or rocks. my java fern grew like mad in my substrate though. and the moss just never grew period lol. but the fern looks awesome!

Thanks all! I moved the plant to my home tank and took the band off - only reason I left it on is because I didn't know if it was staying at work or not. I am going to be ordering 2 dwarf puffs on Monday, they should be in on Tuesday!

yay!

Back
Top Bottom