Got my 75 Gal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I got my 75 gal today at PetSmart - on sale for $164. It included the glass top and a 48" light strip with bulbs (that I'll probably change out at a later date). I have to paint my living room and rearrange it this weekend, then once my stand comes in - I'm going to set it up.

I do have a question for any that know...

With this remodeling in my house, will the paint fumes effect the fish I currently have in here adversely? I have no idea if it can get to them through the water. Thanks in advance for feedback.

I do not believe the paint fumes will have an effect on your fish. At my last apartment, the landlord was putting in a new shower surround. Due to the glue they were using, we were asked to take the birds and cats out for the day. The fish were just fine.

Nah, should not be a problem. I've used paint remover, contact cement, wood stain, and paint in my apartment and the fish have always been fine. I'd open the windows for ventilation anyway - more for your sake than that of the fish.

OH MY GOD!

and I was willing to drop 350 on a new 75tank/stand/hood/lights before.

I hope that 1) My local PetSmart has this sale, and 2) that they continue to have it until my tax return comes in.

I paid $80 for my stand from a small local fellow, but I have to wait a week. He's going to stain it for me in the light oak to match the trim on the tank.

Got equip coming from Big Al's. After price shopping, they ended up being the cheapest with shipping - even if just by a dollar or two with some.

Have to wait until next weekend to do anything with the tank..that's the hard part. But I do keep going in and staring at it empty. LOL It's so much bigger than I imagined! I love it.

Cool Kerrine. I'd throw a drop cloth over the tank. Don't want any paint it!!!! :D

Kerrine, I know the light strips on those aren't particularily bright. I have an extra strip from my old 75 gallon tank that you can have if you want. Should be exactly the same as the one you have. I replaced it with the 48" strip from an All-glass 90 gallon, cause I had custom lighting for that tank.

Kerrine, I know how impatient you must be to get the new tank up and running. My 75 gal tank is sitting on the floor right behind me, where it's been for two weeks, surrounded by all the equipment I've bought for it. Like you, I'm waiting for a friend to finish building the stand, and it's driving me nuts! Seems like everyday I make a trip to the LFS looking at all the fish I want to buy. Hopefully I can finally get things going this weekend. Congratulations on yours. :D

Congrats! How neat to get it for such a reasonable price, especially retail!
hurry set up!set it up! Gotta get cycling!
Or are you going to transfer your old tank to it and just finish filling?

Back
Top Bottom