Got my PAR38 LED bulb....pics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, got my LED bulb for my 10 gallon tank, at first I wanted to do a DIY fixture for this tank, but I thought this was the cheaper, easier route. Now, I think I'm going to have to buy another bulb, it doesn't quite cover the whole tank......The bulb seems nice though, came with a remote so you can turn the blue and white up and down...not bad for $60....

All BLUE:

Both Blue and White:

All White:

What do you Think??

Looks good! When I had mine I had it at a slant so I got a little better coverage. I like the remote, looks nifty and $60 is cheap. :)

Thanks, I think I might need to add another bulb for better coverage.... I tried all sorts of angles and heights with the bulb

i would mov it up a little and add another one to get the whole tank covered. thats the one thing i'm not a fan of with LEDS, they are to direct and the light doesn't spread out like a fluoro does or even a poopie MH

where did you buy it fro mand what degree are the optics on it?

Last edited:
I got the bulb from led wholesalers, but got it through Ebay, There are 12, 1 watt LEDs. Here are the specs:

Bulb Type
PAR38 E26 Screw Base
Number of LEDs 6x 16000K White + 6x 450 Blue (450 nm) View Angle 30 degrees Lumen 600-800 Lumen
Watt 12 Watts Input Voltage 110 to 240 Volt
Dimmable 0-100% on White and blue

Do you think it would support SPS?

no wonder the spread is so small, 30 degrees is nothing. look into the rapid LED PAR38s, 7 3 watt LEDs with a choice of optics.

but you can for sure keep SPS its just the spread that could be better and you may need 2 or even 3 lamps to get the coverage you're lookign for

Back
Top Bottom