Gourami Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squishy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got a blue gourami. I don't have much experience with what's "normal" regarding gourami behavior. Do they sometime curve their bodies and allow themselves to drift in a circle? Also, do they sometimes allow themselves to just drift down to the bottom and then swim immediately back to the top?

Other than those 2 "odd" seeming behaviors, seems like a contented fish, eating normally and fully exploring its new tank. There's also been no fighting or anything w/ the other fish. Any gourami folks out there have any good advice/stories regarding non-breeding gourami behavior?

nevermind

Nevermind. Woke-up today to find the gourami dead. I guess those weren't normal behaviors afer all.:(

I'm on my second gouarmi (first was about a year ago) and they are pretty picky when being introduced to a new tank. The first one I got dies after similar behavior, but I think my water had finished the full cycle. I just got a new one last week after making complete sure the water in my new tank was good and he seems to be doing good (knockin on wood). They are pretty picky fish but it's worth it to me. Check your water, assess it and try again (assuming your waters good). Good luck with it though.

I floated the bag in my tank for about 15 mins, then i put about 1/4 cup of my tank water into the bag, waited 10 minutes, and put another 1/4 cup into the bag. After 5 more mins. I netted him and put him in his new home.

My tank is fully cycled, ammonia/nitrite levels good. My ph is a little high, at around 7.8. Temp at 78f.

Back
Top Bottom